||Version 2.0 of the GAOC Rankings is up and running. The new version can be found at gaoc-ranking.org. This sight will remain until May of 2018.
||Added FDR State Park (2/6/2016) and Indian Springs (1/23/2014. Dropped Tugaloo (2/7/2015)
||Added Sope Creek (11/15/2015). Dropped Sweetwater (9/14/2014), Oconee (10-15-2014), Sope Creek (02-11-2014) and FDR (11-16-2014)
||Added FDR State Park (10/18/2015), Red Top Day 1 and Day 2 (11-7-2015 and 11-18-2015)
||Added Sweetwater (9/13/2015)
||Added Sweetwater (5/9/2015) and Dauset Trails (4/19/2015), dropped Chattahooche Bend (4/13/2014)
||Added Chattahoochee Bend (4/12/2015), dropped Bert Adams (2/23/2014), Island Ford (3/12/2014) and Red Top (3/29/2014 & 3/30/2014)
||Added Joe Kurz (3/7/2015)
||Added Bert Adams (2/22/2015)
||Added Dan Carter (2/14/2015) and Tugaloo (2/7/2015), dropped Gold Branch (11/24/2013), GAOC Holiday Sprint(12/8/2013), Fort Yargo(2/2/2014) and Cochran Mill (2/09/2014)
||Added Gold Branch (11/23/2014), dropped FDR State Park (11/17/2013)
||Added Oconee (10/15/2014), Sope Creek (11/02/2014), FDR State Park, dropped Sope Creek (11/09/2013), Red Tope State Park (11/02/2014), Lake Russell (10-20-2013), Chattahoochee Bend (10-13-2013) and Mistletoe State Park (09/30/2013)
||Added Sweetwater, dropped Cochran Mill (4/14/13) and Fort Yargo (9/15/2013)
||Added Red Top 2 day meet and Chattahoochee Bend, dropped Palisades West (3/24/2013)
||Added Island Ford, dropped Bert Adams (2/24/2013) and Dauset Trails (3/2/2013)
||Added Bert Adams, dropped Panola Mountain (2/17/2013)
||Added Cochran Mill
||Added Fort Yargo, dropped Red Top (2/2/2013)
||Added Holiday Sprints - long as Red, short as Green. Dropped Red Top (12/2/2012)
||Added Gold Branch results, added runner's club to the all results listing.
||Added FDR State Park results, dropped Sope Creek (11/18/2012)
||Added Sope Creek results, dropped FDR State Park (11/4/2012)
||Added Red Top results.
||Added Lake Russell results. The runners table listing is now sortable.
||Added Chattahoochee Bend, dropped Red Top (9/30/2012) and Lake Russel (10/7/2012)
||Added Mistletoe results
||Added results from Fort Yargo
Initial test release of the GAOC local meet ranking system. The ranking system is based on the Orienteering USA rankings methodology (detailed below) with a few notable exceptions:
The initial rankings are based on the following meets:
- The runners only need two races in a class (Red, Grean, Brown, Orange or Yellow) to be ranked.
- The rankings will drop 1 race for every two races after the runner has 4 races with in a class.
- Rankings are by class and gender - not age and gender.
- We don't apply the 100% normalization.
- Only completed courses are included in the calculation (mp, dnf, etc.) are not included.
- 2012-09-30 Red Top
- 2012-10-07 Lake Russell
- 2012-11-04 FDR State Park
- 2012-11-18 Sope Creek
- 2012-12-02 Red Top
- 2013-02-02 Red Top
- 2013-02-17 Panola Mountain
- 2013-02-24 Bert Adams
- 2013-03-02 Dauset Trails
- 2013-03-16 Joe Kurtz
- 2013-03-24 Palisades West
- 2013-04-14 Cochran Mill
To get started, click on the calculation run date in the left column.
Orienteering USA Ranking Methodology
Daily Ranking points earned by competition are calculated as follows: The Course Difficulty is calculated from the average of the Personal Course Difficulty of each competitor, which is the competitor’s ranking points for that race multiplied by their time in minutes.
- This calculation is circular, so the Iteration Method is used to determine each competitor’s ranking points. All competitors start with 50 points, and the calculations are repeatedly performed until the results converge.
- The average Personal Course Difficulty is a harmonic mean, which is the reciprocal of the arithmetic mean of the reciprocals. This causes the results in (a) to converge and results in non-drifting (i.e., significant) results.
- Daily Ranking scores of zero are excluded from this iterative calculation process.